Suggested technical requirements—Learning Place applications
technical requirements (PDF, 1.2MB) can also be downloaded in PDF version.
Please use the software recommended below so your experience in the Learning Place is trouble free.
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Chrome 36+
- Edge 20+
- Safari 6+
eLearn users: Visit the
Blackboard Browser Checker to check your browser is supported in
Blackboard Learn with Original experience.
For the best experience with screen readers see the recommendations below:
- Firefox and JAWS on Windows (Note: Firefox (69.0) does not support Equella or CAMS)
- Safari and VoiceOver on MacOS.
Java and other browser plugins
- Enable Java—JRE Versions 7 and 8 are the recommended versions for features that depend on Java. JRE Version 6 may work but users may experience unexpected behaviour.
- Cookies enabled.
- Pop-up blockers disabled.
Browser plugins and applets
Some tools and resources throughout the Learning Place utilise the following browser plugins/applets.
- Latest Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft SilverLight (for MediaSite video streaming).
Firewalls, antivirus, antispam and anti-malware programs may affect connectivity to Education Queensland applications and systems.