Suggested technical requirements—Learning Place applications
Please use the software recommended below so your experience in the Learning Place is trouble free.
- Microsoft Edge 86+ (deployed to departmental Windows devices)
- Chrome 86+ (deployed to departmental Windows devices)
- Safari 13+ desktop, Mac OS only; 12+ iOS
eLearn (Blackboard) and Collaborate Ultra
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by Blackboard.
Microsoft Edge is recommended for departmental Windows devices when accessing eLearn.
Alternatively, Google Chrome has been deployed to departmental (Windows) devices and is accessible by either the Start menu or the desktop
eLearn icon (green mortarboard).
For more information refer to:
Accessing eLearn on Departmental devices—KBA0029246 .
For BYOx and all other devices, visit the
Blackboard Browser Checker to check your browser is supported in
Blackboard Learn with Original experience.
Collaborate Ultra only supports the most recent two stable channel releases of browsers.
Visit Collaborate Ultra Browser Support for more details.
For the best experience with screen readers see the recommendations below:
- Latest version of Google Chrome and JAWS on Windows
- Safari and VoiceOver on MacOS.
Java and other browser plugins
- Enable Java—JRE Versions 7 and 8 are the recommended versions for features that depend on Java. JRE Version 6 may work but users may experience unexpected behaviour.
- Cookies enabled.
- Pop-up blockers disabled.
Note: Firewalls, antivirus, antispam and anti-malware programs may affect connectivity to Education Queensland applications and systems.