Suggested technical requirements—Learning Place applications
Please use the software recommended below so your experience in the Learning Place is trouble free.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome 76 (deployed to departmental Windows devices)
- Edge 20+ (excluding v80)
- Safari 6+
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by Blackboard
Google Chrome has been deployed to departmental (Windows) devices and is accessible by either the Start menu or the desktop
eLearn icon (green mortarboard).
For more information refer to:
Accessing eLearn on Departmental devices—KBA0029246 .
For BYOx and all other devices, visit the
Blackboard Browser Checker to check your browser is supported in
Blackboard Learn with Original experience.
Note: On 5 February 2020, Google Chrome updated to version 80 – this version
is not compatible with Learning Place resources (Equella) or CAMS.
You will need an alternate compatible browser to register for courses and to access certain resources (including all Mandatory Training content) linked within your courses and virtual classrooms.
For the best experience with screen readers see the recommendations below:
- Firefox and JAWS on Windows (Note: Firefox (69.0) does not support Equella or CAMS)
- Safari and VoiceOver on MacOS.
Java and other browser plugins
- Enable Java—JRE Versions 7 and 8 are the recommended versions for features that depend on Java. JRE Version 6 may work but users may experience unexpected behaviour.
- Cookies enabled.
- Pop-up blockers disabled.
Browser plugins and applets
Some tools and resources throughout the Learning Place utilise the following browser plugins/applets.
- Latest Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft SilverLight (for MediaSite video streaming).
Firewalls, antivirus, antispam and anti-malware programs may affect connectivity to Education Queensland applications and systems.